Who we are
IK, study association of Arts, Culture and Media is a student organisation located in the city of Groningen. The association aims to promote professional and non-professional activities for students in the Arts, Culture and Media programme, as well as informing them about their studies, the future labour market, possible pathways after their studies and to promote mutual contacts between students. We seek to achieve this by forming and strengthening own individual identities and friendship bonds between the members of the association, organizing activities to promote these, holding meetings to discuss household matters and organizing an annual General Members Assembly.
Our website address: www.studyassociationik.com
When visitors leave traces on the site, we collect the data in various forms, as well as other information to help spam detection. We do not sell any of your personal information.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website might be able to download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment or other data on our website. These last for a finite period of time and will get deleted when they expire.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with external parties that aren’t linked to the website’s basic functioning. Additionally, we do not sell any of your data.
How long we retain your data
If you leave data on our website, the data and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments or other data, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. We are at your disposal for any type of request.
Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
At checkout, we will collect your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to setup your account for our site. If you are redirected to an offsite payment gateway to complete your payment, we may store this information in a temporary session variable to setup your account when you return to our site.
At checkout, we may also collect your billing address and phone number. This information is used to confirm your credit card. The billing address and phone number are saved by our site to prepopulate the checkout form for future purchases and so we can get in touch with you if needed to discuss your order.
At checkout, we may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. This information is passed to our payment gateway to process your purchase. The last 4 digits of your credit card number and the expiration date are saved by our site to use for reference and to send you an email if your credit card will expire before the next recurring payment.
Where your data is sent
Some data may be seen by plugins we use to make the website function. You can request a list of plugins that we use at email@example.com.
We reserve ourselves the right to see and edit for administrative, legal, or security purposes any data that you provide us with.
Data that may be taken during IK events
Unless specified to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree to the following statements:
– I, a member of the Study Association IK give permission to have photographs of me taken and used for any legal purposes.
– I understand that I will not be paid for these photographs and have no rights to them.
– I am participating as a volunteer. If I attend an IK event I am agreeing to these terms and conditions.
– I consent to the use of my image in social media takeovers such as instagram stories, Tik Tok’s, posts and other variables.
– I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photograph or advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or to the eventual use that it might be applied.
– I trust the Committees to make right use of the pictures they take and do proper rendering and editing of them, making them appropriate for the public eye.
– I release the Board of Study Association IK and its agents, from any and all claims of harm and liability as a result of any distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise which may occur from making, showing, using or distributing these photographs/video.
In case you do not want your pictures to be taken and/or shared on social media of Study Association IK, please reach out to the Board by email at email@example.com